Unlike previous iterations of the Apple TV, the Apple TV 4 comes with a new operating system called tvOS.
With this new operating system, users are free to add any app found on the App Store.
Please note that the App Store for the Apple TV 4 may have different apps compared to the iPad, iPhone and iPod.
To download new apps, please follow the instructions below:
1. Launch the App Store app from your Home screen.
2. Search or navigate to an app you want to download.
3. Click on the app icon.
4. Click on Get for free apps (or free with in-app purchases), or click on the price for paid apps.
5. Click Buy to confirm.
If you'd like to learn more about an app before deciding to download it, you can do so by accessing the full description.
To do so, please follow the instructions below:
1. Swipe up to show the description.
2. Click the highlighted description on screen to see more.
3. Click on the Menu button on the Siri Remote to go back to the app page.
Note: You can also re-download any deleted apps from within the App Store as well. If you purchased an app and want to re-download it in the future, it will remain free for you to do so on the App Store.
Additionally, like the iPad and iPhone, you do not need a VPN to download any app from the App Store.
If you're still having issues with the Apple TV, please feel free to get in contact with our tech support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.